This is My Story

Go down

This is My Story

Post by Jiminy on Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:16 pm

This is My Story

So, elves exist.  That happened.  It's a weird thing to come to grips with.
You look confused.  Let me explain: most stories are about the huge drama that goes down and the epic fighting and whatever.  Just look at any superhero movie slash comic books.  My question is, what happens in the fallout?  How does it affect the people living after the so-called epic battle?  That's what my story is.  I, like so many other people, was blissfully unaware of what was going on until the explosions started.
Here's what went down.  This shady laboratory that took some government contracts designed these super soldier kids like something straight out of a sci-fi movie.  It was super weird.  Then while they were testing out the secret weapon kids, they discovered elves.  Let's just say no one saw that coming. 
The laboratory people apparently captured one of the elves and did stuff, and when the elves found out, they were understandably ticked off.  There was a big fight with a lot of confused people running around and some people died.  That part sucked big time.  The good part is once things calmed down, the laboratory was exposed, the poor elf exposed, the experiments shut down, and the government leveled some pretty heavy punishments on them.   They had had hired the labs to create weapons, not Frankenstein kids.  The kids were a different story.  No one could figure out what to do with them.  They'd basically been grown in a lab and trained to be killers.  Could they even be typical kids?  They solved that problem themselves by vanishing.
Some more optimistic people think the kids went to live with the elves - who are cautiously developing a trading treaty with us - and some say the kids were euthanized.  I don't know, and I can't say I really care beyond a distracting story.  All I know is my life is completely upended and now I have to live with the consequences of someone else's actions.  Now that is the epitome of So Not Fair.
And that brings you up to speed on what we are dealing with here and now.
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: This is My Story

Post by Jiminy on Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:17 pm

What Now?

I slumped at the breakfast table and stared at my totally appetizing meal of oatmeal, two pieces of toast, orange juice, and a banana.  Truly the breakfast of kings and queens everywhere.  My distaste must have shown on my face, not that I was trying to hide it, because my aunt made that little huff she did whenever she was annoyed.
“Be glad there’s food on the table, Charles.  There’s plenty that don’t have a table or food,” She snipped.
“Yes, Auntie Em,” I muttered.
“What have I said about calling me that?” She demanded, glaring at me.
I picked up a piece of toast and started nibbling on the edge.  It worked, satisfying my aunt for now and sending her back to her own breakfast.  Her name isn’t really Auntie Em like that one famous auntie you’re probably thinking about if you are even slightly cultured.  It’s Margie.  She knows I call her Auntie Em because I think she’s controlling and determined to keep me trapped in a colorless world.  Okay, not literally, but close enough.  It sounds more eloquent than outright saying she’s bossy. 
I finished my breakfast and stood, taking the dishes and rinsing them before stacking them in the sink and walking out without a word to my aunt.  Behind me, Aunt Margie’s yells got cut off by the slamming of the screen door.  She hated when I left without asking, but her protests weren’t as loud since I cleaned up for once.  Normally, I wouldn’t take my dishes to the sink let alone rinse them, but I was learning the benefits of that saying about picking your battles.  If I did one thing she asked, she wouldn’t yell as much about the stuff I wouldn’t do.  As much.
Anyway, I slouched down the sidewalk, and I mean slouch.  I’d always done the whole tragic moody teen thing, but I admit that it used to just be for show.  Now it was half habit and half genuine.  Now I had a reason to be all emo and now it felt strange.  Like I was wearing someone else’s skin.  I didn’t mean to be a jerk to my aunt, but sometimes getting yelled at was all I had to remind me someone cared that I existed.  Not the greatest excuse, but I didn’t have the energy to change bad habits.  So here we were.  A frazzled family member taking care of a troubled teenager.  Talk about classic material.  If I’d had a shrink, they’d probably be taking notes so they could write about my epic journey to recovery.  I didn’t have a shrink, school hadn’t gotten put back together since the massive mess the fights had caused so there was no school counselor, and I’m not religious so there was no advisor of whatever title to talk to me in their condescending manner.  I just walked.  Most of every day.  Everywhere and anywhere and kind of nowhere, trying not to think about anything and haunted by one question:

What now?
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:03 pm

Don’t Follow the Noise

I found myself by the old abandoned construction site known as The Pit.  It was a stupid name, I know, but accurate.  The whole thing looked like one of those monsters that lay in wait in a tunnel with only its open mouth sticking out.  It was the foundation and basement of some huge tower building thing, and it was nothing more than a concrete hole with metal bars sticking out.  You know, the ones with the rough sides, rebah or something like that.  No one could remember who bought it or what was supposed to be made, but it’s been like this for as long as I remembered.  Someone somewhere probably remembered, but no one cared.
I dropped down into one of the ledges and kicked my feet, scuffing up the loose dirt.  Some kids said the infamous Lab buried its bodies here and that there were skeletons.  I don’t know if that’s true or not, but truth was sometimes nice stuff fell own here, or at least interesting stuff.  I once found one of those collector dolls still in perfect condition and in the box.  I had no idea what to do with it, and I sure wasn’t going to be caught carrying around a doll!  So I left it there.  It was gone within a few days.
My foot hit something that clanged.  And hurt!! I snarled a few words that would have Aunty Em smacking me upside the head and possibly eating soap.  I looked down to see what I’d kicked to see if I could throw it.  Nope.  Couldn’t throw a giant metal sign.  I kicked it again cautiously and loosened the dirt.  Chi something Laboratory.  Couldn’t tell if they were endorsing it, selling it, buying it, or whatever.  Didn’t matter.  I kicked the sign again.  Stupid Chihuahua labs or whatever it was called!  It’s all their fault!
I froze as something clattered behind me.  That wasn’t me.  I turned slowly and tried to see what the noise was, but the weird maze of odd little walls and ledges and iron bars blocked the way.  Another noise. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly.  Come on, everyone who’s ever seen a scary movie knows you don’t follow the noise!  I took a few steps forward, trying to get a look.
Don’t follow the noise.
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:31 pm

Nice Mask

I edged my way around the fallen metal structures to get a better view.  I glanced around in hopes of finding some kind of weapon.  With all these metal bars around, there had to be a loose one around here or a rock or clump of cement.  No go.  Awesome.  Not.  So I settled for good old-fashioned fists.  I raised my fists, took a deep breath, and jumped around the corner.
"AAAAHHhh!!"
The rat let out a frightened squeak and disappeared with a flick of his tail.  I felt ridiculous and dropped my fists.  I really wished I hadn't yelled like that, but at least no one was around to hear me.  I turned to go.
PERSON!  Right in front of me!
I screamed like a little girl and stumbled back, tripping over junk and falling.  And falling.  I was falling down into the hole of the pit.  NO!  I didn't want to die!  A hand grabbed the back of my shirt and stopped my fall.  I stared down into the darkness, gasping frantically.  I looked up and all my addled brain could think was: 

Nice mask.
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down