Flight of the Gryphons RP Play

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: Flight of the Gryphons RP Play

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:29 pm

Nikolai did as bidden and delicately avoided squishing frogs, which was good for both the frog and his shoes. He took the rain coat off and set it near the fire to dry, smiling pleasantly at the girl.
'Good afternoon," He greeted her. The fire was warm and inviting and he stood near it, drying himself off the rest of the way.
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:00 pm

"I should get going.  I have more messages to deliver, and the rain looks like it's letting up," Frenchy said, looking out the window.  "Do you need anything before I go, miss?"

~~

The girl looked up and glanced between the stranger and Tommy.  "Who's he?"
"This is Nikolai, Sally.  Be nice," Tommy admonished.
Sally looked at Nikolai.  "Nikolai?  I know that name.  Are you famous?"
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:01 pm

Trinity shook her head, "No, thank you, but you are welcome here any time! " She went and opened up the back door for him again
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:45 am

"I don't know about famous, really, although if you recognize the name I suppose it would be polite to properly introduce myself." He turned away from the fire and gave them both a slight bow, befitting a general to a ruler, though he wasn't really supposed to bow to commoners. Who was here to tell him no? And anyway it was his day off. "My name is Nikolai Svehla, General of the Silver Gryphons and second to her Royal Majesty. A true pleasure to make your acquaintances."
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:57 am

"Thank you!"  Frenchy dashed out into the lightening rain and went back to the barn.  Angel still relaxed there, his tail twitching in a way that said he was minutes away from doing something naughty.  Frenchy stroked Angel's feathers, clicking and chortling softly.  Soothed, Angel had no problem being saddled again and mounted.  Time to fly!  Frenchy urged Angel up into the sky and they rose above the clouds once again.  

~~

"Okay," Tommy said disinterestedly, investigating the icebox for lunch.  "How does a ham and turkey sound for lunch?"
"Oooo!" Sally leaned on the table, studying Nikolai.  "You're the General??  Oh my!  My oh my!  Do you want my chair?"
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:09 am

Nikolai laughed, a deep and genuine laugh. He found them both to be amusing, both so very different but both so very interesting at the same time. "No no, I am all right standing. But thank you. Ham and turkey sounds amazing."
As much as Nikolai loved being the general and loved working with his troops and with Gryphons, he often missed a simple life. Luxury was not his thing but the palace was the lap of it all and that was where he dwelled to be near the Empress.
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:38 am

Trinity shut the door and turned back to her gryphon, "well Pip, its just us again until brother gets home....i wish this rain would let up..." pip chirped and curled up in her lap
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:40 am

Tommy finished putting together a sandwich while his younger sister slipped away.  "Here we are!" he said, setting the plate down on the table along with a glass of water.  "Need anything else?"
Sally returned and stood in the doorway, bouncing on her toes eagerly as though waiting to be acknowledged.

(Sorry, VC, not sure what to do with your characters.)
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:46 am

(Me either, just play out your peeps and I'll jump in later, i cant move trinity in the rain....)
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:15 pm

Feeling quite warm and refreshed now -- despite a dull ache in his head -- Nikolai turned away from the fire and seated himself by the table, although he was careful not to take the seat where the girl was seating. She seemed very eager but he didn't want to seem as if he was trying to take over their house; it was very generous of them to take him in and feed him.
"It looks perfect, thank you." He reached for the sandwich but paused when he caught a glimpse of something bouncing in the corner of his eyes. When he turned to look he saw it was the girl and he smiled. 'Are you coming to eat, too?" He asked.
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:57 pm

"No, sir, but I do have a question, sir," Sally said sweetly, stepping closer.  She held out a pad of paper and a pen.  "Will you please give me your autograph?"
"Sally, why would you want his autograph?  Why would he want to give it to you?  Stop bugging him," Tommy frowned.
Sally stuck her tongue out at him then smiled at the General.  "Please ignore my ignorant and rude big brother."
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:07 pm

Nikolai hid a laugh, though not very well. He was used to being recognized -- technically he was supposed to show rank at all times anyway -- but autographs weren't very common. Most people thought it was smarter to stay out of his way but he quite enjoyed friendly and forward people.
"Oh she's not bugging me," He said easily, taking the pen and paper from her. He signed it in big fancy cursive; "Nikolai Svehla, General of the Silver Gryphons" and resisted the urge to add a smily face as well. Smilies just made things more fun, but that probably wasn't what she wanted. He handed it back with a smile and returned to his sandwich.
It was a very nice sandwich.
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:15 pm

Sally accepted the pad back and danced in place, squealing excitedly.  This went on for nearly a full minute until she ran out of breath and dashed off to her room.  "I GOT IIIIIITTTTTT!!!"
Tommy ignored his sister, getting his own sandwich and eating it calmly.
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:35 pm

That was okay, Nikolai didn't need his ears anyway. They rung for a little while after her screeching but it was all right, her excitement was very amusing to him. "Your sister is a very... passionate girl."
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:47 pm

"Mom says she's high-strung," Tommy said calmly.  "The rain has about stopped.  Whenever you're ready to go."
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Nikolai glanced out the window, although it hadn't passed his notice that the rain was slowing. "Yes," he agreed. 'We probably should go."
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:14 pm

Tommy cleaned up their sandwich mess and wiped off the table.  Finished, he grabbed his rainjacket and headed to the door.  "Come on!  You can never trust the rain to stay stopped."  He headed outside, stepping around the frogs carefully.
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:55 pm

Nikolai left the rain jacket to dry by the fire. It wasn't his and he would have felt bad taking it and besides, it really wasn't bad outside now. He was feeling much better. He followed Tommy out and, like his companion, made sure to avoid crushing the tiny beasts.
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:27 pm

The rain had almost stopped saved for sporadic trickling here and there.  Tommy let the hood of his coat drop, enjoying the cool, moist air.  He sped up, lengthening his stride as he headed toward the road.  Hitting the road, he followed it down for about ten minutes before turning down a private lane and leading the way down to a blacksmith's forge.
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:21 pm

Nikolai kept up with ease, appreciating the lad's speed. He was tall and lanky and tended to take very long steps at a natural walk, and for most people he found himself forced to slow his pace quite considerably.
The forge seemed to very tucked in and out for the way and Nikolai wondered how this place got much business, hidden away like this.
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:40 pm

"Heather!" Tommy called as they approached.  "Heather, are you there?  I've got a client for you!"
Sparks came out of the forge, eying Tommy calmly, tipping his regal head back and forth as he considered the two.  He chirped and turned to go back inside.
"Come on, she's open for business," Tommy said, following the Gryphon.
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:22 pm

Nikolai nodded and followed Tommy into the forge, looking around with interest. He hadn't really been around forges until he joined the Silver Gryphons, and those forges were considerably bigger and shinier than this. So he was very interested looking at the shop.
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:29 pm

"Hey, Tommy! How's it going? Trained up your Gryphon yet?" Heather grinned, setting down her tongs and going to greet him with a hug.
"No, not yet, but he's young!" Tommy snickered, hugging her back.
Sparks studied the new person, sniffing him and nudging him with his beak. He smelled of many Gryphons.
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:58 pm

(going to bring in trinity now that your dratted rain has stopped Razz Razz )

Trinity left the house with the assistance of two large gryphons trained to assist her on errands and daily life. she strapped herself into a special seat on the back of one gryphon while the other carried a basket full of broken Gryphon training equipment which often snapped in their young wild fits before they learned to trust their masters. The three of them flew to Heather's shop and alighted outside. She noticed the other visitors and looked into the shop curiously as her gryphon carried her forward. "Heather? I've got another load of odds and ends for you when you are not too busy..." she called out and then caught sight of Nikolai and inclined her head to him, "Oh, hello...You are the one that my brother works with...right?"
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:11 am

'Well hello you," said Nikolai. The gryphon seemed curious about him; Nikolai knew he probably had a very interesting scent considering where he came from and all the gryphons he was around. As someone else entered and spoke he turned to face them and see who they were.
"I'm afraid I'm not sure..." He said sheepishly. Nikolai worked with a lot of people and a lot of people's brothers, and he didn't know them all by name. "Who is your brother, Miss?"
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next