Flight of the Gryphons RP Play

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: Flight of the Gryphons RP Play

Post by Jiminy on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:25 pm

Frenchy's eyes went wide. "All this, ma'am? That's a lot of good food!" He tromped over to the food happily going straight for the cold sausage and the pie. "Thank you! No one feeds me when I bring their mail."

~~

Tommy finished rubbing down the Gryphon and finally paid attention to himself. Caked mud crumbled as it fell off in clumps. "Nice timing with you showing up when you did. Glyph wasn't even flying that long."
A grey and white cat dropped from a higher perch to land on Thantos' back, investing this new creature.
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:47 pm

"I guess it just worked out, huh?" Nikolai felt something dripping down his forehead and reached up to touch it. When he pulled his head away it was blooding and the general grimaced, holding the towel back up to his head. Not a serious injury but he wasn't fond of head injuries all the same, they could be dangerous.
The gryphon turned its head to look at this new friend and blinked owlishly at it before deciding it was harmless.
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:39 pm

"Oh, you're bleeding.  Sit over there in that hay.  It's fresh," Tommy said, pointing to the pile of hay big enough for even Thantos.  He scampered to the back of the barn to the tack room where he kept a large first-aid kit.  Retrieving it, he headed back, collecting a couple more cats along the way.
"Mew!" the cat declared, reaching out and patting the tip of the gryphon's beak.
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:43 pm

Nikolai did as he was bidden and found the hay to be quite comfortable. There were a tremendous amount of cats materializing, it seemed, and he petted any that came near him.
Thantos sneezed in response and walked over to the hay, flopping down next to Nikolai. He was quite happy to have new friends.
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:04 pm

The cats curled up on Thantos and climbed over Nikolai happily.  They were satisfied with these new friends.  A couple of bunny rabbits hopped out of the darker corners and stared wide eyed at the new creatures.  What and who were they?  Another creature appeared on Thanto's back.  It looked like a cat at first, but there was something a little different about this "cat."  Its ears were too big, long and thin, and tufted.  Is short, yellow fur was stripped on the back and its legs spotted like a jaguar, and two tufts on its forehead looked almost like a pair of horns.
"Here we are," Tommy said, hurrying up to Nikolai.  "Let me see your head.
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:31 pm

Nikolai took the towel of his head but didn't take his eyes of the weird creature. He'd seen a lot of animals in his life but this was a new one.
"What is that?" He asked finally. "It is very unusual."
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:44 pm

"Hmm?" Tommy asked, distracted. "Oh! That's a servalis dram-chur. Most just call them Servies. His name is Fluffules. Don't pet him, please, he's not used to humans, yet." He dabbed some antiseptic on the cut after he cleaned it out then stuck a sticking plaster on the cut. "There we go! Try not to touch it. It's still likely to bleed."
The servie looked unimpressed by either Gryphon or human. He leaped down and stalked off, tail flicking. Glyph waited until Fluffules was gone before coming over and nuzzling into Thantos. He'd found a new best friend!
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:57 pm

"Interesting. What do they do? And thank you, that feels much better."
As he spoke Nikolai picked up the towel again and used the parts that weren't bloody to wipe himself off a little more. A bath would be the most effective but at least he wouldn't become a mud sculpture now.
Thantos willingly allowed Glyph to approach him. This smaller gryphon was a pleasant companion, as well as the very tiny vibrating fuzzballs lying on him. He was content.
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:00 pm

Tommy looked confused. "What do they do? What do you mean by that?"
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:24 pm

"Fluffules," Nikolai said. What an amusing name for such a haughty seeming creature. "What kind of things do creatures like him do?"
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:54 pm

Trinity smiled, "Well, they should, especially when it's wet..." She sat near the fire and folded her hands in her lap. Pip bounced into the room and skidded to a halt when he saw a stranger with his mistress. He ran to trinity and started growling at said intruder!
"Hush, he's alright Pip! He is a friend!"
Pip relaxed but curled up on her lap...eyeing this "Friend" suspiciously
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:31 am

"Oh," Tommy smiled.  "They are very... cat like, I suppose.  Wild cats.  I think they are related, biologically speaking.  Watch out for the jackalope!"
The antlered rabbit had its head down, challenging this human on his pile of hay.  His domain!  Glyph swatted at him with his tail and began grooming Thantos' feathers like a bird.

~~

"Thank you, miss," Frenchy grinned.  He eyed Pip then pursed his lips and trilled lightly to the small gryphon.  Growing up in the gryphons' stables came in handy in some ways.  He could soothe and in a way communicate with all breeds of gryphon.
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:34 am

Pip perked up, he was a friend! He was speaking his language! He flew over to Frenchy and chirped, landing on the counter beside him and trilling back.
Trinity smiled, "Aw, wow! You won him over so fast!"
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:54 am

Nikolai eyed the odd creature. "Gracious. Where do you get them all?" But he smiled, despite the suspicious animal staring at him, because he was quite enjoying this cozy place with this kind young fellow. Made the injuries nearly worth it!
Thantos closed his eyes, feeling ever so relaxed. Maybe Nikolai would let him take this young human and all his furry friends home with them!
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:02 am

"They find me," Tommy said with a shrug.  "They might need help, or a couple of them just show up and sleep in the barn or similar."  He picked over the equipment.  "It looks like your harness sustained some damage.  I know someone who can help you out with fixing it.  She does great work for a cheap price."

~~

Frenchy grinned and offered Pip a bit of bread before scratching him in just the right spot.  "It's easy if you understand them, miss.  Most folks don't cause they're too busy thinking like humans.  You gotta think like a gryphon, then you can get it easy peasy."
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:04 am

Trinity smiled and nodded, "This is very true..." she watched as Pip chirped and squirmed happily, "How long have you had your gryphon?" she asked
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:20 am

So he was a sort of animal healer, then? Nikolai was much more curious than he showed, it was part of his job to know the peopl and to scout out good talent across the land. The general doubted the lad's skill as a soldier, but a healer... those were always wanted. It was something to think on.
He opened his mouth to say no worries, he could get it fixed easily enough for free, but changed his mind. Another talented youngun', perhaps? Worth looking into. "All right. That is very kind of you."
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:57 pm

Frenchy thought about this question as he munch some bread and meat, sharing tidbits with Pip.  "I don't know.  As long as I can remember.  He's my brother."

~~

"Let me take you inside.  We can get some lunch, and hopefully the rain will let up enough we can get to her place," Tommy said happily.  He fetched a couple of raincoats and handed one to Nikolai.  "I always keep a couple of spare in here.  Glyph, look after Thantos."
Glyph churred, only too happy to oblige.
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:05 pm

Trinity nodded and watched her pet nuzzling up to him and eating out of his hand greedily, "I've had Pip a few years now, he wasn't hatched here, he was a birthday present from my brother."
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:11 pm

Nikolai nodded and accepted the raincoat, wincing slightly as he put it on. The pain was not unbearable but he certainly was going to have some large bruises later.
"Lunch sounds great, thank you."
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:36 am

"That had to be the best birthday present ever!" Frenchy grinned.  He rubbed Pip's head affectionately then picked him up, holding him lightly and gently against his chest."

~~

"Sure!" Tommy grinned.  "My parents are out right now, but a sibling or two might be around.  Be right back, Glyph!"  He ducked his head and hurried out into the rain, heading for the house at a quick clip.
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:39 am

Nikolai followed at a more reasonable pace towards the house, looking around him in interest. It was harder to see through the rain but he could make out his surroundings well enough and it appeared to a modest little place, but very nice. He quite liked it all. He arrived at the house shortly after Tommy
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:42 am

Trinity nodded, "It was, we have been best friends ever since then..."
Pip squirmed out of Frenchy's arms, grunting and growling, not appreciating his cold wet shirt! He flew to his mistress instead and curled up in her lap, chirping, much better!
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:06 am

"Sorry.  I forgot I was wet," Frenchy said sheepishly.  "He really really likes you.  That is impressive."

~~

Tommy grinned as he slowed near the door, reaching down to pat a couple of giant frogs and toads hopping around his feet, croaking.  "Shoo, go find your own food.  I know you know where to find grub!"  He opened the door for his guest.  "Watch out for the frogs, please."  
The house was small, but warm, inviting, and welcoming.  They walked into the kitchen, the fire crackling lively. A young girl sat at the wooden kitchen table, scribbling away industriously at her homework.
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:11 am

Trinity picked up her pet and nuzzled him, "Yeah...we get along pretty well..." She looked back up with a smile. Pip purred and nibbled at he cheek tenderly
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next