Flight of the Gryphons RP Play

Post by Jiminy on Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:04 pm

Let the story Begin!
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Flight of the Gryphons RP Play

Post by Jiminy on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:13 pm

Rain drummed on the roof of the blacksmith's forge, running down the tin roof and dripping like a soft curtain across the open side.  Steam hissed from as Heather Gleam plunged the red hot horseshoe into the barrel of water.  She brushed the sweat from her brow and looked out into the grey landscape.
Sparks stirred in his corner and looked up at her, trilling softly deep in his throat.  Were they going out today?
"Not now, Sparks," Heather said, smiling at the large gryphon.  "It's raining too hard.  Besides, we have a lot of work to do."
Sparks clicked his beak and settled down.  Fine.  Work wasn't nearly as fun as flying, but he supposed it was important.

~~

Kitten bounced off the walls and climbed up the shelves, trilling and clicking down at Anabel as she prepared the shop to open it for the day.
Anabel caught a jar of mannonaise and set it back on the shelf.  "Kitten!  Don't knock things off the shelves!" she scolded, laughing a little.  "You know that by now.  You do it on purpose, don't you?"
Kitten let out a soft purr, hanging onto the edge of a shelf precariously then dropping down onto Anabel's shoulders.
"I knew it," Anabel chuckled, flipping the sign to open.

~~

Tommy ran through the trees, breathing hard as he jumped over logs and dodged branches.  He almost tripped but caught himself at the last second.  Faster!  Faster!  Behind him, a large creature bounded through the dappled shadows, steadily closing in.  Tommy pushed himself to run harder.  He wouldn't be caught!

~~

Rain or no rain, Frenchy still flew.  Messages needed to be delivered!  They wouldn't wait for nice weather.  Besides, Angel laughed at storms.  The huge Gryphon's powerful wings beat hard to lift them both above the storm and glided calmly through the clouds.  Storms.  Ha!  All that was needed to get above the clouds.  Then it was blue skies all the way!
Frenchy leaned over, peering down to spot their destination.  The Sveltsan Gryphon breeding farm wasn't exactly hard to miss, but he liked to be doubly sure.  And there it was!  Frenchy patted Angel's neck and the massive Gryphon began his spiraling descent.
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:37 pm

Trinity wheeled herself out onto the porch of her home, reaching out a hand to catch some of the refreshing rain. Pip sulked in the doorway, he hated rain and couldn't understand his mistress willingly going out in it!
Kyan walked up behind his little sister and kissed the top of her head gently, "I'll see you later Trinity, I doubt there will be any need for me to go in to work today, what with the storm, but Im going to at least check in."
Trinity nodded, "Alright, I put a lunch for you in the front hall." She smiled and turned her wheelchair around, rolling back inside the safety of her home, much to Pip's delight. He immediately flew up on the back of her chair and sat perched there, chirping contentedly
Kyan scratched Pip's back and said, "Thank you, I'll be home soon." He turned and walked to the front door where he found a lunch sack waiting for him. He pulled the hood of his coat up over his head and walked out into the rain. He spotted Frenchy's Gryphon coming down out of the sky and halted, waiting for him to land
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:39 pm

Tommy spotted the cave.  He made a mad dash and nearly made it!  Nearly.  A heavy weight slammed into his back, knocking him face first into the mud.  Ugh!
Sputtering, Tommy managed to roll over and glared at the Gryphon standing triumphantly over him.  "Glyph!  I said catch me, not drown me in mud!"
Glyph chittered, his feathers ruffling in pride.  Ha!  He still beat him!
Tommy rolled his eyes then grinned and praised the gryphon for catching him, stroking his wet feathers.  He got the gryphon off him and hurried the rest of the way to the cave.  "Come on.  We'll wait in here until the rain stops."

~~

Angel landed in the wet yard lightly despite being as large as he was.  The great Gryphon looked around distainfully.  He'd been produced in this place, long long ago.  Being one of, if not the, largest gryphon in the land, he should have been a shoe-in for the Silver Gryphons, but his personality decided otherwise.  He still remembered his hatching ground and was clearly unhappy being here.
Frenchy ignored his finicky friend for now, sliding down with his waterproof messenger bag.  "I have a letter for Kyan Sveltsan and another for Trinity Sveltsan," he announced.
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:45 pm

General Nikolai of the highly esteemed Silver Gryphons sat at his desk sipping a cup of hot tea and doodling absently on the chair. He didn't take much free time to himself, nor did he want it, but occasionally it was forced upon him when the higher ups decided he was over doing it and needed a break, and he found himself staring disgruntled at a nearly empty desk, having all of his paperwork taken from him.
What now? Sleep? Too early. Eat? Already did. Read? Just not active enough.
"Can you believe it, Thantos?" He said aloud, tossing the quill onto the desk. The gryphon lifted his head and gave Nikolai a bored look. "This is my FIFTH hour in a row that I've had no work to do, and I still have the rest of the day. Ugh."
Thantos shook his large head and flopped it down on the floor, not looking much happier than Nikolai. Not so much because he didn't enjoy the rest but because he hated hearing Nikolai complain about being off duty. And it usually always led to one thing...
"Let's go flying. I need to get out of here, rain or no rain."
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:53 pm

Kyan walked over to meet him, "I'll take them both, I am Kyan Sveltsan.." he reached out a hand for the letters, "Thank you for continuing to fly even in this weather."
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:01 pm

Frenchy handed over the letters.  "I know you.  I see your sister sometimes.  She's nice. I like her.  And you're welcome!  Do you mind if we step into a shed for a bit and dry off before going back out?"
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:05 pm

Kyan nodded, pleased at the complement for his sister, "Take your Gryphon to the barn, someone will dry him off, then you come on inside and warm up by the fire..." He said kindly
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:25 pm

It wasn't but a few minutes later that they were flying in the rain and, despite the chilly weather, Nikolai felt better already. He had no real destination in mind but he wasn't worried about getting lost or stuck in the storm, not with Thantos! The two of them hadn't been promoted for nothing.
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:22 pm

"If anyone tried to touch Angel, he'll bite their fingers off.  It took me forever to get him to stop biting hands," Frenchy grinned.  "But thanks.  I'll wipe him down myself then go to the fire, if that's alright?"

~~

Tommy was happy to stay in the cave, waiting for the rain to let up, but Glyph was bored.  The large-dog sized gryphon took flight, struggling up to the clouds.  He let the wind blow him about, enjoying it.  Then, suddenly, a gust caught him wrong and sent him tumbling.  The gryphon screamed, clawing helplessly at the sky as he flew hilterkilter.  Straight into a big Gryphon.
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:29 pm

Kyan nodded, "Alright, just go right around the house and you will see the barn where we keep the Gryphons, just tell anyone who asks that I sent you. If you come in the back of the house, the kitchen has the biggest fire." Then he turned and walked back inside with his letters
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:18 pm

Thantos let out a cry of pain and surprise as a gryphon came tumbling through the storm and hit him directly on the side. The two of them lost control for an instant but quickly regained it, having had this happen many times before during training and combat. Nikolai cursed himself for being caught unprepared, even though it was difficult to see and hear in the storm.
After regaining control they quickly went after the falling gryphon in a attempt to catch him and stop his unfortunate descent.
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:10 pm

"Thank you, sir!" Frenchy chirped.  He led Angel around to the barn Kyan told him about and looked around.  It was empty of any people, just a few gryphons.  He rubbed down Angel thoroughly and made certain he was comfortable in a stall away from the other gryphons.  "Rest a bit.  We have time before our next delivery."
Angel snapped his beak grumpily but accepted the treat of a dead squirrel and laid down.  This would keep him happy for a little while.
Frenchy made his way back into the pouring rain.  He hunched down in his thick coat, scrambling through the mud around to the back door.  He let himself in, wiping off his boots carefully first.

~~

Glyph shrieked.  He couldn't get his wings to cooperate!  He was falling!

Tommy heard the well-known cry and dashed out into the rain.  He peered up, shading his eyes from the rain as he strained to see.  "GLYPH!!"
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:32 pm

Trinity met him at the door and let him inside, "Come on in you poor boy! You must be frozen! My brother said you would come here so I came down to say hello!" she chirped with a smile, moving her wheelchair out of the way so he could stand by the fire.
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:37 pm

Thantos folded his wings back and went into a steep dive --a dangerous move in the best of times --with Nikolai crouched low on his back until he was nearly lying on the gryphon. The wind made it hard to maneuver but they stubbornly clung on, and as they reached the falling gryphon, Thantos stretched out his claws and grabbed the other as tightly as he was able. It wasn't enough to stop his fall; Thantos was strong but the other gryphon was large too, and the storm was blowing hard. It merely slowed the fall of the other gryphon and, unfortunately, dragged Thantos and Nikolai with it.
The landing was far from graceful. Thantos dropped the other gryphon as soon as it was safe and crashed into the ground moments after, unable to regain himself that close to the ground with such a storm going on. He hit the ground on his side and despite the general's best efforts, Nikolai felt himself slipping off. The saddle was soaked and their balance has been terribly uneven during he free fall. Something to work on, he decided while flying through the air. He hit the ground hard and grimaced, pain shooting through his body.
At least it was more interesting then sitting around all day.
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:51 pm

"Thank you, Miss!" Frenchy said happily as he loosened his coat and removed his gloves before holding out his hands to the fire.  "Brr!  I don't mind the rain until it makes things cold.  What about you, Miss?  Are you staying warm?"

~~

Glyph went tumbling, ending up in a gangly heap against a bush.  He lay upside down, too stunned to move.  His wing ached badly!  And now his whole body hurt after all his rolling.
"Glyph!"  Tommy ran to his gryphon and looked him over.  "You're going to be okay, silly boy," he sighed in relief, helping right the creature then hugging him around the neck.
Glyph chirped, dizzy and confused, but he shook himself off and limped in a circle.
Glyph cared for, Tommy ran to the larger gryphon and the thrown rider.  "Sir!  Sir, are you okay?  Sir?"  He stopped by the gryphon.  "Easy, boy.  Are you hurt?"
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:59 pm

In response Thantos stood up and shook himself down, sending mud flyon by everywhere. Aside from several minor cuts on the side he fell on and serious saddle damage, Thantos was fine. He immediately went over and shoved Nikolai gently with his nose, making small concerned noises.
Nikolai pulled himself up to a sitting position when he felt Thantos and leaned against a tree. What a sight he must look! No one would recognize him as general now if it wasn't for the badge he had to wear at all times, and even that was coated in mud.
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:00 am

Trinity nodded, "I am, thank you for asking." She offered him a thick fluffy towel and asked, "You are...Frenchy, right? I've seen you somewhere before..."
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:02 am

Frenchy gave the towel a few admiring pets before he began drying himself off.  "Yep, I'm Frenchy!  I deliver the messages.  I'm a messenger!  The messenger, really.  I'm the best they've got."  He grinned proudly.  "I've been by sometimes, and Angel came from your barns."  He thought, sometimes, maybe he had come from these barns, too, but his earliest memories were too hazy to be sure.  Frenchy shoved the thought away, not really bothered by the uncertainty of his origins.

~~

Tommy went to the mud covered man, oblivious to whom he was speaking.  "That was a bad fall, sir.  Are you sure you aren't hurt?  Why don't you come home with us.  You can clean up, dry off, and rest before you continue your journey."
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:06 am

"Not sure at all," said Nikolai and with the help of Thantos managed to get to his feet. "I'm sure I'll feel it in the morning though and even so, I've had worse falls than this. As long as your gryphon is all right."
He at first was going to say he would decline the offer and head home but, on second thought, that was not a good idea. The storm wasn't getting better and they were both mildly injured and besides, this would be a lot more interesting than the alternative.
"That is a very kind offer, lad. I'll accept."
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:28 am

"Thanks to you, Glyph is a lot less injured than he could have been," Tommy said, putting his coat over Glyph.  "Thank you.  I don't live far."  He led the way, keeping an eye on the two Gryphons and the man.  Less so with the man, but he tried.
Glyph huddled against the larger gryphon.  It was hard to tell if he was attempting to hide from the cold rain or trying to show his gratitude, but either way it kept them both moving along nicely.
Tommy's house was nice, if a bit small.  The barn, on the other hand, was huge and roomy.  Tommy pulled open the sliding doors to give the large gryphon room to enter, ushering the man inside, too.  The humid warmth wrapped around them like a blanket as a pair of horses and a cow stuck their heads out and greeted the visitors.
"What's your names?  I didn't get them," Tommy said, grabbing some towels and handing one to the man before he began drying Glyph and the other gryphon off.
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:33 am

It was a mostly silent walk home, fighting the rain gave them little chance to converse, but Thantos would occasionally let out soft encourageing sounds to Glyph. It was a relief to them both when they finally reached the house.
Nikolai took the towel and scrubbed vigorously at his face. It didn't do a perfect job but it got off the majority of the mud.
"That's Thantos. My name is Nikolai."
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:36 am

"Nikolai... That sounds familiar.  I think I used to know a Nikolai," Tommy mused.  He finished rubbing down Glyph and turned his attention to Thantos.  "Hello, Thantos!  You are a beautiful creature.  Thank you for saving my little Glyph.  Well, he doesn't look little until he stands next to you."
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:20 am

"Oh really? How lovely! " trinity said as she wheeled herself over the pantry and pulled out a loaf of bread, as well as a small pie, then she went to the icebox and got out cheese, butter and a bit of cold sausage "here, have something to eat! I made it all myself and I'll be most upset if you dont." She smiled, setting the food out on the counter
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by Just A Daydreamer on Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:14 pm

Nikolai smiled but didn't say anything. If the boy didn't recognize his name or Thantos for who they were that was all right, he wasn't going to correct him.
Thantos smiled as much as a gryphon could, both pleased by the praise and by the good rubbing he was getting. What a nice human.
Just A Daydreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next