Pangaea Play

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: Pangaea Play

Post by Jiminy on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:07 am

Koji shifted anxiously.  "Are you sure it's okay?  I don't want to do anything bad."
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:10 am

Ana put one arm around him and hugged him gently, "I'm sure, just give it a try and see if she's nice, I'll even make you a little extra desert to take with you and you can offer to share it, I'm sure she would like that a lot."
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:17 am

Koji smiled shyly at his mother.  "Thank you, Mom.  I will try.  Is Dad mad I'm late?  I will hurry with my chores!"
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:56 am

Ana stroked his hair, "Just calm down Koji, you are not that late, its ok, I'm sure when you explain why he will be happy for you too. Now, go change out of your nice clothes before you start."
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by strategygamer22 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:03 pm

Ellefson sighed as he watched Keita leave. He whispered a quick prayer after her, then went to the living chambers behind the front of the sanctuary. He had a dinner to attend at some official's house this evening. His ceremonial robes were exchanged for an elegant black robe, and he grabbed a carved walking stick to aid him on his way. He took off with a brisk pace towards the fancier section of the city.
strategygamer22

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:03 pm

"Yes, Mom," Koji agreed, calming at his mother's touch.  He hugged her briefly then headed inside.  He changed clothes before heading out to the "field" to help his father with the rows and rows of fungi.

~~

Minister of Education, Headmaster S. Winston waited in the hallway of his very nice house.  What was keeping that man??  He was supposed to be here half an hour ago!  If the Headmaster found out he was late because he was lecturing again, the headmaster would...  would... Not offer him a glass of the finest liquor was all he could do, really.  Headmaster Winston let out a huff and brushed down his red robes to free it from dust.
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strategygamer22 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:34 pm

The roads were quite packed for this time of day, Ellefson thought as he strode down the thoroughfare. He had long since become oblivious to the large berth most people in the streets gave him for fear of him giving them a personal sermon. Oh well, he thought, it made moving through crowds a breeze. Finally, he was almost to the door of the large-but-not-quite-mansioin house the official lived in. Ellefson paused before the door, straining to remember who in the world he was meeting. After a minute he finally remembered hearing the word "headmaster" in the invitation and he sighed in relief. Finally. Between Perry and Keita he was now running rather late. He rapped on the door sharply with his cane.

~~

Kata let out a small snore and rolled over, pulling the ragged blanket tightly about her.
strategygamer22

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:38 pm

Collin, Koji's father looked up from harvesting one of the logs and called out, "You're late Koji, did you have trouble getting home?"
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:48 pm

Finally!  The Headmaster jerked his head for the butler to open the door.  The butler did so, stepping out of the way while managing to give the Proclaimer that polite, wordless disapproving look only the best of high-end butlers could get away with.
"You're late, sir," Headmaster Winston said with a severe frown.

~~

Koji hurried down to his father, anxiously explaining as he went.  "I'm sorry, Dad!  There was this girl and I accidently hit her with the door, and then at the market there was this other girl and I accidently walked into her and she talked to me a lot, and I wanted to be polite, and then she asked me if I wanted to hang out, and when I told her my arms got tired hanging, she laughed and said it meant like doing something together and I was worried so I left, and I'm sorry I'm late!"
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:50 pm

Collin laughed, "Ok, apology accepted, now help me with these mushrooms, we have a good crop today and we need to get them bagged up for market tomorrow." He continued working as he talked, cutting the soft spongy mushrooms from their wood homes
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by strategygamer22 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:37 pm

"Church business comes first, Headmaster. When it comes between meeting an official for dinner and preaching to two curious children, my priorities are completely straight." Ellefson sighed this exasperatedly as he stepped through the door. "Well, one curious child and one stubborn, confused child." Handing his cane to the butler he added under his breath, "I'd take a hundred stubborn kids over one politician."
strategygamer22

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:53 pm

"Yes, Dad," Koji said, relaxing as he settled into work.  They needed to hurry before the Day Cycle ended and Sleep Cycle began.  While there was no real curfew here in Second, but it was strongly urged that you ended your work and went indoors during Sleep Cycle.

~~

"Oh, never mind all that," the Headmaster said, waving a hand dismissively.  "Come along to the parlor.  I need to talk to you about a couple of children, myself."
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:56 pm

Collin worked along side his son, moving almost rythmically, slicing off a mushroom, dropping it gently into the bag, taking a step forward to the next and repeating all down the long rows of logs, "How was school today Koji?" he asked as he worked
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by strategygamer22 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:20 pm

Ellefson followed the Headmaster in to the dining room. He was used to this sort of behavior from the upper class. They hated the religious nut, but loved the old, experienced, well-traveled scholar. Most still ignored him, but a growing number of officials had begrudgingly taken him on as an advisor. Ellefson liked the arrangement as much as they did, but he couldn't refuse free dinners and an opportunity to better the Church's public opinion. "You know," he began conversationally, "I always thought the older I got, the more I'd deal with older, more mature people. But I've turned out to only be half-right about that: I deal with mostly children and young adults, yet they seem far more mature than the jaded older generation. Don't you find that?"
strategygamer22

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:33 pm

"I'm getting better at writing, but I still had to stay and do the special class," Koji said mournfully.  "Other than that, it was an ordinary day."

~~

Headmaster Winston grumbled softly as he let the Proclaimer into the warm, dignified parlor.  He indicated one of the large, comfortable chairs by the elegant fireplace.  "Me?  I've been finding the children get snobbier and harder to deal with day by day, let alone year by year.  What's your poison?"  He lifted a crystal decanter filled with some expensive liquor or other, a few other kinds at the bar.
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:24 am

Collin nodded, "thats good, at least you only had one special class today right? If you do well, maybe we'll have a little splurge on something nice.."
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by strategygamer22 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:51 pm

Ellefson cringed. "Water, please." He went and sat gently in the massive chair, as if his small frame could break it if he weren't careful. "Children simply parrot what they see; it's not their fault. Look at our generations and the example we've given. It's no wonder they treat adults like snobby, entitled brats when that is all they've seen from our authorities." Ellefson tried to be kind in these type of meetings, but he was never one to hold back. It's one of the qualities that have made him equally respected and hated amongst the more refined circles.
strategygamer22

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:06 pm

Koji brightened at that perspective.  "Really?  Thank you, Dad!  I'll do the best I possibly can, I really will!"

~~

"That makes very little sense, Ellefson, but that is not why I called you here," the Headmaster grumbled.  He sighed.  "Mostly.  I need your opinion on how to reach a certain young woman.  She is completely out of control.  She has no interest in school no matter what angle is used.  When outside of school, she steals, she lies, she is all manner of rogue.  This cannot continue."
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strategygamer22 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:45 pm

"I would say she needs the Truth, but I have a feeling you would only scoff at it." Ellefson leaned back in the chair and thought for a moment. "The education system has shown incredible success of late with all students, even those that might be labeled 'problem students.' What 'angles' have you tried with this girl?"
strategygamer22

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:01 pm

Collin ruffled his son's hair gently and nodded, "Good, I'm glad." He smiled and finished up on his row of mushrooms, He tied up the bag and moved onto the next row which was a different kind, a closely bunched, but fragile shroom that took more time to cut away. "Make sure when you cut these you are careful, last time you broke a few bunches..."
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:24 pm

"We have tried three different teachers for her.  Strict and almost bulling methods, softer more cojoling, and one had a mixture of both."  The Headmaster rubbed his face.  "I'm running out of ideas."

~~

"Sorry, Dad," Koji said meekly.  He knelt by the mushrooms and focused on delicately cutting the mushrooms one at a time and setting them on the netting where they'd be bagged.  "Dad?  I had this, um, this thought about, um, growing mushrooms and sales..."
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:25 pm

Collin nodded, "Alright, tell me your thought..." he continued working while listening to his son
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by strategygamer22 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:56 pm

The Proclaimer sat silent for a few minutes thinking over the situation. This girl must have willpower, determination, fortitude, cleverness, and a complete disregard for what people thought of her. He smiled, thinking that when the girl was presented in that light, she sounded like him as a young man. When he finally started speaking, he began slowly; "I am well aware that what I'm about to suggest is a breach of government protocol. The state has always been very clear about the separation they want from my church. However, the next time this girl is to stay after classes for punishment, send her to me. I will oversee her discipline from now on."
strategygamer22

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:05 pm

Koji gave his father a worried look then said slowly, "What if we grew the mushrooms in bags?  Mesh balls that we could carry to the market and then cut off what the customer wanted."

~~

The headmaster studied Ellefson suspiciously.  "Bypassing the breach that you already mentioned... Why do you want to take responsibility for her?  What could you possibly provide that we haven't yet?  And don't say the Truth.  I doubt she's interested."
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:09 pm

Collin thought for a minute and said, "I don't think that would be very efficient, We would have to be toting logs around for them, or at least some sort of growing base, they might get crushed, they would weigh a lot more, I think cutting them here is the easiest method, but I appreciate you thinking about it.."
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next