Pangaea Play

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Pangaea Play

Post by Jiminy on Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:52 pm

There is no surface. There is no sun. There is no natural daylight. There is only darkness and cold wind deep below in the great stone caverns. Here lies Pangaea, the last civilization on Earth. Or rather, in Earth. It spreads through the tunnels like many tentacles on a single creature. The ruling party is benevolent to its citizens, doing whatever it takes to keep the people alive. 

Our story takes place in Second, the second city to spring up outside of the Mother City. Your goal: To Survive

Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Pangaea Play

Post by Jiminy on Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:53 pm

• School had let out half an hour ago, but there were still plenty of students around the buildings. The Leaders encouraged after school programs for those children who did not have jobs or have to go work in whatever business their family owned or ran. It helped keep them busy, away from the boredom that lead to trouble, and helped them to prepare for their futures! As a bonus, the programs were quite fun and had waiting lists for students wanting to join as soon as there were openings. 
    That is... most of the programs were fun. And then there were the programs like where the below average students, the struggling ones, were sent. The ones that focused on helping these students to at least achieve some kind of literacy in the most basic of subjects. The teachers called it alternative studies. 
    The students called it Stupid Studies.
    Koji Thomson was in one of these Stupid Studies classes now. He sat alone in the large room at his stone desk, struggling to form the letters on the paper. The teacher had stepped out a few minutes ago to speak to someone in the hallway, trusting Koji to do his work. Koji bit his lip as he moved the pencil over the lines, writing, "Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow. Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow. Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow." It was hard to concentrate with all the people hurrying through the halls just on the other side of the door, not to mention the distracting niggle of worry in his mind about being late to get home and help with the farm. Firmly, he forced his pencil to keep writing.

~~

Perry was one of the last of those who didn't have extracurriculars to leave the school building. He preferred to wait and let the rush of people run ahead and not squish him to death. Not getting squished was nice. It was one of his daily goals. That and to go through an entire day without a single panic attack. There were many days in which he succeeded in not getting squished! The panic attack part wasn't so easy. Still, he had Puff to help him.
    The mostly white, fluffy cat trotted calmly alongside him as they walked down one of the lesser used roads towards part of town he knew he shouldn't be. Well, technically, his parents had never said he shouldn't go. They had never told him because it was assumed he would never go there with or without permission, so why bring it up? Why bring up anything that encouraged thoughts of things that weren't illuminating?
    Speaking of illuminating, Perry stopped at the end of the street and stared up at the Church of the Heavenly Light. Father called it the Congregation of Fools. Steven and Laura had decided it was actually a cover for some kind of huge conspiracy and were determined to one day uncover the whole thing and become heroes!
    Right after music lessons, spelunking classes, chess club, dive school, oh, and horseback riding on the weekends.
    Perry didn't think they were going to be uncovering anything any time soon.
    He stood watching and waiting. The Church would be doing one of their strange rituals soon. He liked to watch them.

~~

Laura and Steven walked side by side down the hall ignoring those that had to move to get out of their way or wait to pass them. They held a map between them as they walked, busy fingers pointing at various spots and tracing lines relevant to their conversation.
    "We already explored that tunnel. That's tunnel Beta three," Laura groaned, pushing Steven's hand aside. "Why would we go down there?"
    "Because I am positive this branch leads us to a new and unexplored region!" Steven huffed, annoyed with his sister. "Weren't you paying attention?"
    Laura rolled her eyes at him. "What, give you more attention to puff up that head of yours even more? As if!"

Delete this message

• By Vaticancameos on 20th August 2017 12:20:46
    Keita made her way slowly out of her school building, humming to herself and massaging a sore arm from a punch she had received. Instead of taking the usual road to get to her little sister's school, she climbed up the side of the building and ran along the rooftop, climbed back down the other side, climbed a wall, ran along the edge and dive rolled to the ground in about half the time it would take her to walk. She wasn't really supposed to use such unconventional methods but it saved time and gave her a workout in the process. 

Kiki sat under a street lamp, waiting for her big sister, feeding crumbs to a colony of ants at her feet, "There you go...don't be greedy, thats it, I have lots of crumbs for all of you" She chirped before squealing as she was hoisted up onto Keita's shoulders, "Hey squirrel" Keita grinned and started walking home.

Delete this message

• By strategygamer22 on 20th August 2017 15:03:30
    Proclaimer Ellefson stepped out the front doors wearing his white ceremonial robes emblazoned with a flaming yellow circle, the symbol of the Church of the Heavenly Light. As he stepped forward to the top of the steps, he held aloft a burning censer above his held and cried out, "The Light has given us another day to repent! But it is COMING! It shall burn away all falsehood; all evil; all wrongdoing! REPENT!" Ellefson's gaze fell to the young boy standing watching, as he so often did. His next words he aimed at this boy, who reminded him so much of himself as a child; "Enter into the Sanctuary of Light, to be cleansed for the coming Reveal! It is not too late! Enter with us!" With this last cry he turned and entered back into the chapel, leading a small crowd of people from the outside. Most of them were regular attenders, but recently more strangers were coming in. As they filtered in, each took and lit a candle before they lined up in rows facing a giant disc. The Proclaimer carried the censer up to the front of the large, circular sanctuary. Turning, he scanned the crowd for the young boy from outside. So often he'd called to him to come in, but he'd never responded.

Delete this message

• Seniority: 53 days

• By Let Me be Free on 20th August 2017 15:26:24
    Perry hesitated. Should he? His parents would be furious. His brother and sister would never let him rest. He looked down at Puff. "Would one time hurt?" he asked the cat.
    "Meow," Puff replied, staring up at Perry with his big blue eyes.
    Perry nodded. "You're right. Learning is good. It's okay to go and learn about this weird cult, but we musn't get drawn in. Right?"
    "Meow!"
    "Right!" Perry picked up Puff and scuttled across the street. He slipped in and tried to hide in the very back where he could hear and see without being seen himself. Great Obsidian it was bright in here! He held Puff close, squinting in the unnatural brightness.

Delete this message

• By strategygamer22 on 20th August 2017 22:37:06
    A smile crossed Ellefson's face when his eyes spotted the child in the back. It was moments like these that kept him going. The future of the Church was so long in jeopardy; lately, however, younger children were taking an interest. "Perhaps it was simply due to rebellion against their parents," he thought. Though cynical, it didn't trouble him. Whatever brought them in, it gave him opportunity to spread the News to a whole new generation.

After the last person was in place, Ellefson closed his eyes and looked up for a full ten minutes. Silence was the Church's most powerful weapon; leaving people with nothing but their thoughts, making them face themselves, was an effective way to show them their need for enlightenment. Despite the thousands of times he'd gone through this ritual, it never seemed to lose it's importance to him. Some called him a fanatic; he preferred devotee. Once the silence seemed insurmountable, he broke into speech, making some of the congregation jump.

"Far beyond the rocky confines of our caverns dwells a force greater than any we can imagine. It is the Heavenly Light: a being of fiery energy; pure and righteous. To stand in its light is to be laid bare. To look at its light is to blinded forever. We lay in our caves, protected from its piercing light, but not for long. Even as I speak, its rays are burning through the rock that is our shelter. Soon the Light shall bathe us in its consuming fire! All our deeds shall be laid bare before it and our fellow man. What will be revealed in that fateful day? What foul actions will be uncovered? Does this scare you? Do you wish to be spared the shame and terror of facing pure, righteous, angry fire? Then repent of your deeds of wickedness! Serve others, not yourselves! Give up your ego, your self; and give your all to the Heavenly Light!"

On this note, Ellefson turned and placed the burning censer at the base of the giant disc. The fire spread, covering the entire disc in flames. He stood craning his neck up, as if to look straight up, but he kept his eyes tightly shut. Some in the congregation, who had seen this ceremony before, joined him in the pose; others left in disbelief, laughing or shaking their head at the ridiculousness of the teaching; still others came forward to talk to the Proclaimer, desperate to escape their "coming judgement."
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

• Perry listened, confused and frightened. This person, their leader, he couldn't remember what he was called, didn't look like he was trying to pull off a sham. His eyes said he genuinely believed what he said. Perry didn't know what was scarier, the thought that he spoke the truth or the thought that someone believed so wholeheartedly in a lie. 
    When the leader set fire to the disc, Perry panicked. He stumbled back and fell, scrambling backward until he sat with his back to the wall. He crouched there in fear. Fire! So much terrifying fire! Puff crawled into his lap, forcing himself against Perry's chest. Puff purred, rubbing his head against Perry's chin and calming him. They would stay put until Perry calmed.

Delete this message

• By strategygamer22 on 20th August 2017 23:11:12
    There were only a few questions Proclaimer Ellefson had to answer himself. The questions of simple curiosity he pawned off to a few of his Flames. He had noticed the boy from the street in the back by the door still huddled up. Ellefson walked back to him and asked, "Are you alright, child?"

Delete this message

• By Vaticancameos on 21st August 2017 17:39:24
    Keith left her home after depositing her sister and went for a run, she passed the church and saw a crowd of people leaving it, curious she such around to the side where no one would see her, scaled the wall and peered through the window, inside she saw a very old man, a tiny boy and a fluffy cat, an odd sight to see in a church she thought. one of the windows was open and she crawled inside

Delete this message

• By Let Me be Free on 21st August 2017 18:13:54
    Perry hugged Puff tightly. He didn't look at the man, staring at his cat instead. "Sc-scared," he stammered nervously. "I'm s-s-sorry I interrupted. I'm sorry. I will go. I'm sorry." He tried to stand up, but Puff wouldn't move. Perry wasn't ready to go yet. Puff could sense it. The cat's big blue eyes focused on the girl on the wall. Silly girl coming in the window. Didn't she know windows were for cats?

Delete this message

• By strategygamer22 on 21st August 2017 18:55:47
    Ellefson followed the cat's gaze and sharply called the girl over to him. He then turned back to Perry. "There's no need to fear; fire, while dangerous, is my friend. It won't harm you. Never fear the light."

Delete this message

• By Vaticancameos on 21st August 2017 21:08:48
    Keita stayed perched on the wall, curious, but extremely un-inclined to come down to the floor with that creepy old man in his weird temple thing. She continued to watch the boy and his cat curiously, he seemed frightened of something. she frowned, wondering if this old man was the cause of his fear...

Delete this message

• By Let Me be Free on 22nd August 2017 08:24:39
    "Fire burns people and destroys air," Perry mumbled. He looked to where the man was and stared in shock. How was that girl hanging on the wall? And more importantly, why wasn't she instantly obeying when called over by an elder? You should always obey your elders! That's how he had been taught. Oh, except in the case that the elder told you to do something clearly wrong. Then you didn't have to obey. Coming over to talk after breaking in wasn't wrong, he didn't think.

Delete this message

• By strategygamer22 on 23rd August 2017 18:27:36
    "People are the ones that burn people, and with each breath they destroy the air. Yet you don't fear all people. Don't let people's actions with fire make you think less of it." Ellefson spoke softly, bending down to talk to Perry on his level. He glanced over his shoulder at one of his Flames and motioned toward Keith. Immediately the young man began walking over toward the girl. "What's your name, child?"

Delete this message

• By Vaticancameos on 23rd August 2017 18:55:20
    Keita thought for a minute, then lied, "Lisha. What is it you do in this place? It gives me the creeps, and why is that poor boy shaking so? You haven't hurt him have you? Plus, I'm not a child." she frowned

Delete this message

• By Let Me be Free on 23rd August 2017 19:00:29
    Perry looked at the new girl, utterly confused. Who was she? And was this leader person talking to him or her? This was so confusing! "Perry?" he mumbled just to be safe. Wait, didn't he go to school with that girl? It wasn't Lisha, it was... K-something. Maybe he shouldn't say anything.

Delete this message

• By strategygamer22 on 23rd August 2017 19:44:49
    Ellefson ignored Keita (NOT Keith, sorry) and answered Perry. "I'm Proclaimer Ellefson. What brought you into the Chapel of the Light?" The Flame went over to Keita's position and asked her to come down and address the Proclaimer with respect if she had any questions.

Delete this message

• By Vaticancameos on 24th August 2017 12:26:52
    Keita glared at the person below her and climbed along the wall, far away from him, across the room in fact, before coming down. She looked around curiously, but kept her guard up, moving quickly with cat like steps and her eyes constantly moving.

Delete this message

• By Let Me be Free on 24th August 2017 13:26:06
    "Um, curious?" Perry asked, his eyes darting between the girl, the flame, and the Proclaimer. What kind of a name was Proclaimer? "I wanted to see what you did, Mr. Ellefson."

Delete this message

• By strategygamer22 on 24th August 2017 17:26:08
    "Just Ellefson, young Perry. Proclaimer is only my title. What you saw today is only a piece of what I do. If you would like, maybe you could stop by again to follow me around and see what being a Proclaimer entitles." Ellefson spoke kindly, understanding Perry was only a few harsh words away from bolting out the door in tears.

~~

Kata scrubbed the floor harder, though not in anger. She'd long since gotten used to punishments of all sorts. Of all the possible disciplines the headmaster could have given her, after school cleaning was her least favorite. The faster she finished, the faster she could get to the markets and get some food. She had no money, as usual, but that had never stopped her before. Usually the stopping came in the form of a few People's United Protection Service officers. All of the sudden her food thoughts were broken by a door opening directly beside her and whacking her in the face. She sputtered and cursed as she stood up to confront the boy who opened the door.

Delete this message

• By Let Me be Free on 24th August 2017 19:08:07
    "Um, maybe? I suppose I could come. I'm busy a lot with my studies, but I suppose I could come tomorrow after school," Perry said slowly, thinking it through as he stroked Puff. Puff purred happily, snuggled up with Perry. At last, the cat hopped off Perry's lap. "We should probably get home. We're going to be late for dinner if we don't go soon."

~~

Koji froze. Was that?? No! He inched out and closed the door quickly. "I am so sorry!" he almost whimpered to the girl he'd just inadvertently hit. "I am so-so-so sorry! Are you hurt? Are you bleeding? Please tell me I didn't hurt your nose! I have a handkerchief." He fumbled in his pockets, trying to find said handkerchief.

Delete this message

• By Vaticancameos on 25th August 2017 11:37:01
    Keith watched the boy and said, "Hey, I've seen you before haven't I? You are a similar age to my sister." She still wasn't sure what this boy was so afraid of, since he seemed to be getting along with the old man just fine.

Delete this message

• By strategygamer22 on 25th August 2017 20:55:13
    Sighing, Ellefson rose and turned to Keita. "You are more than welcome to come to our sanctuary any time you wish," he said sharply, "and you are equally welcome to use the door next time." Softening a bit, he continued, "We worship the Heavenly Light, and warn people of the coming danger. How long were you hanging in the window? Perhaps you heard my message."

~~

Kata stood and glared at Koji. "You're so stupid you have to stay after school; are you also so stupid as to not be able to check behind a door before swinging it open?" She spit out each word like venom. "Typical man. Barging around with no consideration for others. Be glad I'm hungry or I'd beat you half to death." Slapping Koji across the face, she briskly walked down the hallway and headed for the markets. Screw the discipline.

Delete this message

• By Vaticancameos on 25th August 2017 21:01:48
    Keita shook her head, "I didn't hear anything, I just saw a lot of people come out of here..." she looked around the room, "What exactly do you do in here? Half the words you are using I don't get at all..."

Delete this message

• By Let Me be Free on 25th August 2017 21:07:46
    (Sorry for deleting the wrong message, VC!! I realized the name correction as I was hitting the delete button because I thought it was an accidental double post.)

Perry managed a timid little smile, holding Puff's leash tightly. He was about to answer Keita when Ellefson spoke. He started edging toward the door. "I need to go. I'm late. Bye. Thanks."

~~

Koji coward before Kata's scolding, tears gathering in his eyes. He jerked in shock when she slapped him, interrupting his stammering attempts at an apology. He hadn't meant it! It had been an accident! Ducking his head, he hurried toward the door, trying to make himself as small as possible. He hadn't meant to hurt her. Not at all. He was just a stupid, stupid boy.

Delete this message

• By strategygamer22 on 26th August 2017 11:01:06
    "I do hope to see you back, Perry," Ellefson called out after him. He watched the boy slide out the door and chuckled. Turning back to Keita, he said, "We preach the coming of the Heavenly Light, a great purifying fire. Here we remind people by giving a symbol, the Burning Disc, a picture of what the coming will be like. This symbol is temporary, but the Heavenly Light is everlasting." As he spoke, the flames on the disc were sputtering and going out, their fuel all but expended.
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

• "So...You guys are just really big fans of fire and light...." Keita said skeptically, "Thats cool I guess, I mean, its not like we have a lot of it..." She shrugged, "Kind of seems like a waste to keep that enormous fire going though, it would eat up oxygen..."

Delete this message

• By Let Me be Free on 26th August 2017 17:22:42
    Steven and Laura strolled through the "open air" marketplace, picking up the odd item and bits of food for later expeditions and inventions. The market was an enjoyable place to them. As a place, it was open 24/7, but the individual stalls had their own time tables they followed. After school was rush hour in the marketplace, the aisle teaming with students encircling the tables. 
    Steven noticed the girl first, watching her with interest. She was quite pretty. He liked the dark (by comparission) hair. Some people found it weird, but the almost grey look set off her flawless skin. He watched her while Laura was busy negotiating the price of a couple of Pawpaw fruits. The girl moved with power! She had a lot of muscle in her, he could tell. Steven wondered if she liked spelunking...

Delete this message

• By strategygamer22 on 27th August 2017 13:10:18
    "The warning and reminder of the flames are more important than breath. I would give my every last breath if it meant people would repent and believe in the Light."

~~

Kata felt the leering eyes undressing her and quickly found the person they belonged to. She smiled at him as she walked toward him. As fake as she could, she pretended to trip and fell into his arms. "Th-Thank you, sir. Why, you are so strong!" she exclaimed, trying to sound as innocent as possible.
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:39 pm

Keita looked at the man in bewilderment, "Seriously? Like, what are you even believing in? I don't get it... what is the point?" She stood with her arms crossed, she was intrigued, skeptical and confused all at once
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:53 pm

Steven smiled at her magnanimously.  "Of course!  I am happy I was here in the right place at the right time.  Are you alright?"  She smelled nice, too.
Laura noticed what was going on and rolled her eyes but left them alone.  Let Steven stumble a few times.  How else was he going to learn?
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strategygamer22 on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:01 pm

After decades answering such questions, Ellefson had this response almost memorized. "We believe in the coming of the Heavenly Light, a purifying fire that will burn away all wrong. The only way to survive such a cataclysm is to remove all the wrong within you before the Light reveals it." How many had he seen like this girl; questioning skeptically only to be pricked in their conscience and become a follower.

~~

"I-I think so," Kata replied shakily. I was just looking around for something to buy for lunch when I realized I had no money. I got so upset, I tripped into you." She went on like an excited schoolgirl. "But now I'm happy it happened; I got to meet you."
strategygamer22

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:05 pm

Keita bit her lip like she always did when she was thinking, "You know thats not scientific right...its just...I don't even know what it is..."
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:28 pm

Steven smiled proudly, helping her to her feet.  "My name is Steven.  What's yours?  Your name for some lunch.  How's that sound, sweetness?"
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strategygamer22 on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:37 pm

"It is faith. Belief. Trust. These things are far more powerful than mere scientific knowledge."

~~

Sweetness...ugh. Men are such morons. Oh, what things she'd do for food. Kata managed to suppress these thoughts to say, "It's Kata, and that sounds wonderful! You are so kind!"
strategygamer22

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:41 pm

Keita sat down on the floor, feeling a little more relaxed. He didn't seem dangerous, just a little odd. "Oh...but do you have any proof it is even real? I mean, I'm not going to just start up a up a cult about worshiping frogs now am I?"
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:56 pm

Steven smiled winningly at Kata and took her arm.  "Laura, I'll see you at home.  I'm going to take Kata to find some eatable food."
Laura rolled her eyes.  "Yeah, sure, whatever.  Just don't come crying to me if you get home late and the adult presence yells at you.  And whatever you do, don't jeopardize our mission!"
"Later, Laura!" Steven called, leading Kata away.
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strategygamer22 on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:36 am

Ellefson chuckled. "Faith: a strong belief in a god or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof. If we had proof of all this, it wouldn't be faith. However..." He paused for a moment for dramatic, "out founder, the great Harald Livingstone, came back from an expedition having seen the a shining of the Heavenly Light. It's brightness sent him running back to the expedition leaders as fast as he could. They called him insane, cancelled the remainder of their explorations, and brought him to First, where he told everyone he could. 300 years later and his story has spread to nearly every town in the empire."

~~

Come on, just give me the money, Kata thought exasperatedly. This is not worth it. "Sadly, I need to get home soon, so I might have to run once we find food."
strategygamer22

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:59 am

"Oh..." Steven said, clearly disappointed.  "I guess that can't be avoided.  Very well, at least do me the honor of buying you your favorite?"
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:44 pm

Keita nodded slowly, "cool story? I guess...but how is that supposed to help any of us? Whats the point?"
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by strategygamer22 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:41 am

A flicker of annoyance ran through Ellefson, which he dispelled as quickly as it came. He remembered being a youth, and he knew that he wasn't the brightest either. "Think back on all I've said, and you tell me what the point is."

~~

"Fried bio-luminescent moss! There's just something about eating something that glows, you know?" Kata rattled off quickly. It wasn't really her favorite, it just happened to be the most expensive thing near them.
strategygamer22

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:31 am

Steven felt himself wilting a little inside.  Of course.  He had to find the one girl who actually had taste.  Oh well.  That meant he'd found the one girl who actually had taste!  Steven indicated a stall.  "Well, if it's bioluminescent moss you want, they have the best in town!  They even have different colors, if that's your thing."  He led her passed the stall selling roasted cockroaches and other large insects to the glowing stall selling moss.
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:19 pm

"Burning up all the wrong stuff, yeah, yeah, but, so what? What does that even mean? Like, if you steal food some big angry fire god is going to turn you into dust?" Keita shook her head, "Or do you think that once people get hypnotized by the fire they will just magically stop doing bad things..."
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by strategygamer22 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:13 pm

"We - I - care about people and their fates. We know not whether the burning is literal or figurative; we only know that it is coming. I do not wish for anyone to be destroyed for their actions. Do you have any thought for the repercussions of your actions, young lady?"

~~

"Green is my favorite!" Kata said excitedly, grabbing the largest clump she could off the table. She looked over at at Steven longingly, waiting, along with the stall vendor, for him to fork over the money.
strategygamer22

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:15 pm

Keita blinked at him, then frowned and shook her head, "No, it's not like I've killed anyone or stolen or anything like that. I consider myself a decent person. Why would I even consider a big fire thing coming to destroy me."
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:20 pm

Steven gave her a smile.  "Green.  Of course."  Ouch, his wallet said as he pulled it out, but how could he refuse that face?  He paid the vendor and gave Kata a winning smile.  "Don't suppose you could spare a nibble, then, love?"
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strategygamer22 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:37 pm

Ellefson let out a chuckle. "Wickedness adds up quickly. Every lie, every harsh word, every broken promise curses you to an eternity of fire. This is not relative; evil is evil, no matter how small."

~~

Kata looked down at her meal, shyly. When she looked back up at Steven, however, her look was not a friendly one. "Love? The only love a boy like you will ever have is his hand." She ran past him as fast as she could, laughing loudly. "Thanks for the lunch, lover boy!"
strategygamer22

Back to top Go down

Post by VaticanCameos on Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:42 pm

Keita shook her head, "Well...it was nice talking to you but, this is so not for me...." all this stuff he was going on about, she just couldn't accept, there was no proof, no logic for it. just a waste of oxygen
VaticanCameos

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiminy on Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:43 pm

Steven stared after her.  "Hey!" he finally managed to yell.  Had she just... Yes, she had!  "That was cruel!"  He realized people were staring and shoved his hands in his pockets and headed home sulkily.  He didn't even greet his parents as he headed up to his room.  He couldn't bear the idea of seeing his sister's smug look.  Maybe he would go to bed without dinner and maybe even hang out with Perry.
Whoa, now!  No need to go crazy.  Just hang out in his room without dinner.  That would do.
Jiminy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strategygamer22 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:35 pm

"Think about I have said," Ellefson said with finality. He had become all too familiar with this response. It used to frustrate him; now it only brings sadness. "We are always here if you have other questions."

~~

Kata ran for a couple minutes just in case Steven tried to stop her. She got to a less crowded part of the markets and turned down a side-street. A few more minutes led her to another side-street that she ducked into, leading to a tiny door. She pushed through the ragged cloth and collapsed on the nearby bed. The days were blending together; go to school, stay after school for bad behavior, steal or con some food, sleep, wake up for the downtime to steal and sell stuff, take a nap, rinse and repeat. So bored! At least today getting food was quite enjoyable, she thought with a small grin as she tore off a chunk of moss and started chewing. As she ate, she pulled out the pill they gave her at school. She hated taking it without water. They never told them what was in it; only that everyone needed it to survive. With a shudder she swallowed it down, taking a big gulp from a nearby glass of water. After gobbling up the rest of the moss, she rolled over and went straight to sleep, dreaming sweet dreams of conning dumb guys.
strategygamer22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next